ST. DOMINIC'S PARISH HAS A NEW Email: StDominicsMI@archtoronto.org ( Please note the upper and lower case on the email.)/

FROM THE DESK OF FR. PHIL…


It seems to me like the school year has just begun.  As we celebrated the closing school Masses last week and the Graduation Masses this past week, I suddenly remembered that I have been here almost a year now.  How quickly the time has flown by!  I want to tell all of our principals, vice-principals, teachers and students how much I have enjoyed working with you all this school year.  At the same time, I thank you for your welcome last September and at every liturgy we celebrate together.  We have celebrated many different themes and events at our liturgies but most importantly, we have celebrated our connection as a Catholic community of believers in the Trinity, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.  June is a month of transition for many of us.  Principals are transferred or retire, teachers take up new posts in other schools,  students move to other neighbourhoods and schools far and near and  many of your will graduate to places of higher learning, whether that means high school, college or university.  I thank you all for your friendship and love during my first year at St. Dominic and I wish you God’s blessing and much success in your future.  Special congratulations to all our graduates.  We know that you will do well where ever you go because of the wonderful foundation you have received in our parish schools. You are the future both of our church and our world and we have great hopes for each one of you in your particular area of study and vocation. Please know that you always have a place to come back to here at St. Dominic Church and that Fr. Noel and I are always here for you whenever you wish to visit.  For those who will be returning in September, we look forward to seeing you at the opening Mass.    Fr. Noel and I wish all of our parishioners a safe and happy summer and we hope that you are able to take some time to rest a little.

Peace
Fr. Phil